Monday, March 26, 2007

Cape North


This summer is going to be absolutely awesome! Many things are already planned but this idea feels like it will be among those great summer memories for long time. I am going to enter the Cape North Parade.

I didn't know this before but it is illegal to have boat races in the Swedish Archipelago. So instead of calling the competition the Cape North Race it is called the Cape North Parade. Its just a parade! The only thing is that everyone in the parade start at the same time and everyone tries to get to the end of the parade like greased lightning. But its not a race. It is a parade.

The only thing is that I don't really have a boat.. Well I have a boat, but not one I could enter with without being laughed at. But this week there was a surprise! From nowhere I found out that my brother bougth a Jet ski for this summer! So I'm entering the Jet ski part of the parade!

This is the plan. The coolest guys and girls in Stockholm, or as I would like to call them "my crew", is coming out for a major party extravaganza on the island. But the day starts with that we all take the big boat and find a nice little place where they can see the race and start to warm up for the night. We open a couple of beers, have a nice lunch and do some swimming from the boat. Then as the parade approaches I get into my newly fitted Superman costume with an absolutely awesome cape. The cape is a really big part of my plan as I want it to flutter sweetly in the wind and not end up wrapping itself around my face so I crash into an island or something. As I see it, the competitors (not that it is a race) will be so in awe from my dedication and costume so I'll have an advantage from the start and secondly who can go faster on a Jet ski then Superman? Seriously, don't be silly and try telling someone otherwise. After I win the race we are going to have a party like the archipelago haven't seen for a decade! Its going to be one for the books.

The only thing now though is that I have to learn how to Jet ski. I'm really good at going in a straight line super fast, but tight corners isn't exactly my forte yet. Not a problem though! What I lack in skill and aptitude, my underdeveloped rational fear and wonderful cape will cover for. See you there!

No comments: