Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Told you I would be back



Back from the dead! This weekend was full of recuperating and mental oblivion, but in the opposite order. As promised there was a major harbinger of party bonanza and not more than six hours after the exam was handed in the point of no return was long gone.

The highlight reel made its appearance again as I woke up in the morning naked with blasting music, facing the wrong side of the bed and finding an untouched hot dog laying directly on my keyboard. I put on the official "I'm hungover" cowboy hat, my aviator glasses and wrapped a small towel around my waist. Holding it tight with one hand and massaging the back of my head with the other as I took aim towards the kitchen.

Of course.. I had forgot that my roomies mom slept over so I gave her quite a scare when I barged into the kitchen growling and drinking directly from the sink with my interesting choice of clothing. But she knows how charming I usually am so I think that she still keeps me in highest regard.

An hour later when I met up with the guys to get something to eat and puzzle the night back together I quickly came to understand that the grey areas of the night before were a bit larger than I had expected.

The first hint came when the guys started to talk about new place called NEU. I asked where the club was and they gave me long confused look before explaining to me that we all were there last night. Great.. If I hadn't won all that money on roulette earlier that night I would have been so golden.

The second thing was when a cute girl suddenly stopped in her tracks and started to smile at me. Yeah.. we had talked all night last night and she wasn't even a faint memory but I pulled through and gave her a big hug. She probably understood that I didn't remember her name at least when I called her "Darling" for the third time but, cest la vié.

I have really started to love those hangover days when the guys take walks in the sun, just enjoying life and small surprises keep on popping up here and there.

No comments: