Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Comics


When I was four and just had moved to London my mom found a great way of keeping me occupied while she was doing her photo shoots. She went out and got me a pile of comics that I could work my way through. Fortunately, she asked the guy in the comic store what a little guy would like instead of a four year old, soon to be five ought to read, which resulted that I actually got some cool comics. There were Bat-, Spider-, Superman and X-men. I didn't read at the time but I liked to pictures and understood quickly enough who to root for since they usually were on the cover as well. After I had looked through them all I decided that I would make a couple of comics myself so I got a pair of scissors and began my super collage of heroic comics. This sounds like a very creative thing to do when being so young, but since I later found out that most of the comics I used for my collage were actually collectibles maybe I could have used something else.

A year or so ago I found an old box of comics up in the attic. There were some first edition copies of Superman and Batman in the UK. They would have been worth a pretty little sum if I had not cut out most the pictures and painted horns on all the bad guys.

That shows you that its not a good idea to let kids play with scissors or read the bible.

No comments: